John Thomas' 1st Day of Preschool

Today was John Thomas' first day at preschool. After he got out of bed we were talking on the couch and he was asking lots of questions about school, who would be his friend, did he have to take naps there, etc... In big boy fashion he dressed himself and brushed his teeth.
We took a few pictures so I didn't have time to make him breakfast so we grabbed a cup of milk and a cereal bar and off we went (don't worry they will serve him a breakfast snack at 8:30 this morning.
We talked on the way about what a big boy he is now, and that he's going to make lots of friends and learn so much! He started getting really excited as I turned into the school.
On the way in he met a new friend Jordan. She's four but in the classroom beside him so they'll see each other at recess. She was picking flowers so he decided he needed a flower too. So after finding the perfect one, we walked inside. Since he gets there at 7:30 he has to go to the movie room for 30 minutes before his teacher gets there. We walked by his classroom and dropped off his bookbag and headed to the movie room. I saw that Mrs. Paige was already in the movie room so that made me feel better since he remembered her from yesterday. Outside of the movie room he got really nervous and didn't want to go inside so I asked him if he wanted me to go and he did so we walked inside and he sat beside Mrs. Paige. I told him to be a good boy and that I loved him. He gave me the biggest hug, then asked if he could give his flower to Mrs. Paige. It had to have been the sweetest thing. If only I'd brought my camera inside.
Right now he's probably still at breakfast, I can't wait to pick him up to hear all about his day!


0 comments: