4K Waiting List

So a few weeks ago, I took John Thomas to be tested for the Greenville County 4K program. The program is part of the No Child Left Behind Act. First pick goes to children that have developmental/speech delays, come from single parent homes, do not speak English, etc... However, if there is enough room they will allow classes with kids that do not "need" the education boost. They told me that John Thomas did very well and that we would hear from them in July.
I got the news that John Thomas didn't make it in, and was placed on the waiting list. I can't really be disappointed. There were 1,600 kids that tested and they let over 1,300 in. That means that he tested better than 1,300 other kids which is a great thing. I am a little bummed that I don't get to stop paying for a daycare/preschool for him though. Now starts the really hard part... Finding him a preschool for the 08-09 school year. After the experience with his last school, I'm very nervous to be sending him back out into the wild.

0 comments: