The Search has Begun...

For the perfect preschool... Since John Thomas didn't get into the county’s 4K program I have to find him a place for the school year. I wish that he could stay with Karen but he is the oldest one there and he really benefits from being in a structured environment. Today I called a new center Kiddie Academy that is about a mile from our house. I immediately liked the woman I got on the phone and as she explained what they offer, do, etc... I started getting very excited. They have a curriculum that teaches creative learning and fine language (including Spanish); have age specific outdoor activities and even a little mini "water park". Kiddie Academy also has the webcams which is nice, but they have them outside as well as inside. There are only 22 kids in the 4K class now but they will not allow more than 30 kids in the class. John Thomas' last school had 34-36 on any given day with only 2 teachers. I set up a meeting to go up there on Friday and I’m going to take John Thomas. I have a feeling that this next transition will not be easy for him. His last few weeks at his last school were terrible for him (and I think more so for me). I am hoping that he doesn't lose it when I tell him that he's going to go to another school. The cost is more $$ than his other school and what Karen charges but if we like we'll have to make it work. Their website is
http://data.gointranet.com/cgi-bin/unitloc/kiddie/locator.cgi?cpage=main.html&cu=LaColla&cl=Simpsonville
The other great thing is that this place picks up from his elementary school, which means when he starts kindergarden they pick up at his school and he will be in their after school program. Hopefully I would get to move Bryson there as well when he turns three so they will be at the same place.

0 comments: